Industry Valuation and Performance
Has the Australian Healthcare Services Industry valuation changed over the past few years?
|Date||Market Cap||Revenue||Earnings||PE||Absolute PE||PS|
|Wed, 30 Nov 2022||AU$37.3b||AU$33.1b||AU$2.1b||24.9x||17.5x||1.1x|
|Fri, 28 Oct 2022||AU$36.2b||AU$32.8b||AU$2.1b||24.9x||17x||1.1x|
|Sun, 25 Sep 2022||AU$35.8b||AU$32.7b||AU$2.1b||24.9x||16.7x||1.1x|
|Tue, 23 Aug 2022||AU$40.7b||AU$32.1b||AU$2.3b||29.1x||17.6x||1.3x|
|Thu, 21 Jul 2022||AU$40.0b||AU$31.9b||AU$2.3b||26.8x||17.7x||1.3x|
|Sat, 18 Jun 2022||AU$39.1b||AU$31.9b||AU$2.3b||24.9x||17.3x||1.2x|
|Mon, 16 May 2022||AU$43.5b||AU$31.9b||AU$2.3b||26.5x||19.2x||1.4x|
|Wed, 13 Apr 2022||AU$41.5b||AU$35.9b||AU$2.3b||27x||18.4x||1.2x|
|Fri, 11 Mar 2022||AU$40.6b||AU$36.0b||AU$2.3b||25.9x||17.3x||1.1x|
|Sun, 06 Feb 2022||AU$43.3b||AU$34.9b||AU$2.1b||25.4x||20.8x||1.2x|
|Tue, 04 Jan 2022||AU$49.9b||AU$34.9b||AU$2.1b||25.6x||23.9x||1.4x|
|Thu, 02 Dec 2021||AU$46.2b||AU$35.3b||AU$2.1b||25.1x||22.3x||1.3x|
|Sat, 30 Oct 2021||AU$45.7b||AU$35.3b||AU$2.1b||27.4x||22.1x||1.3x|
|Mon, 27 Sep 2021||AU$45.8b||AU$35.2b||AU$2.1b||25.8x||22.3x||1.3x|
|Wed, 25 Aug 2021||AU$46.1b||AU$35.1b||AU$2.1b||24.2x||22.4x||1.3x|
|Thu, 01 Jul 2021||AU$42.6b||AU$35.1b||AU$2.1b||24.9x||20.8x||1.2x|
|Sun, 04 Apr 2021||AU$40.9b||AU$33.4b||AU$1.4b||23.1x||28.4x||1.2x|
|Wed, 06 Jan 2021||AU$37.4b||AU$32.4b||AU$851.2m||24.5x||43.9x||1.2x|
|Sat, 10 Oct 2020||AU$37.5b||AU$31.6b||AU$616.5m||25.3x||60.9x||1.2x|
|Fri, 03 Jul 2020||AU$35.9b||AU$31.0b||AU$436.8m||26.4x||82.1x||1.2x|
|Mon, 06 Apr 2020||AU$28.0b||AU$31.2b||AU$968.9m||16.4x||28.9x||0.9x|
|Thu, 09 Jan 2020||AU$35.3b||AU$31.6b||AU$1.5b||18.5x||24.3x||1.1x|Price to Earnings Ratio
Current Industry PE
- Investors are pessimistic on the Australian Healthcare industry, indicating that they anticipate long term growth rates will be lower than they have historically.
- The industry is trading at a PE ratio of 17.5x which is lower than its 3-year average PE of 32.9x.
- The industry is trading close to its 3-year average PS ratio of 1.2x.
Past Earnings Growth
- The earnings for companies in the Healthcare industry have grown 14% per year over the last three years.
- Revenues for these companies have grown 2.4% per year.
- This means that more sales are being generated by these companies overall, and subsequently their profits are increasing too.
Which industries have driven the changes within the Australian Healthcare industry?
|Healthcare Services||-0.87%|Industry PE
- Investors are most optimistic about the Healthcare Facilities industry which is trading above its 3-year average PE ratio of 4.6x.
- Analysts are expecting annual earnings growth of 25.3%, which is higher than its past year's earnings decline of 27.3% per year.
- Analysts are most optimistic on the Healthcare Distributors industry, expecting annual earnings growth of 40% over the next 5 years.
- This is better than its past earnings decline of 20% per year.
- In contrast, the Healthcare Services industry is expected to see its earnings decline by 14% per year over the next few years.
Top Stock Gainers and Losers
Which companies have driven the market over the last 7 days?