We have a grand ambition to transform how retail investors understand the stock market. We're looking for a candidate that has passion for building great products and who wants to be part of a deeply customer focused company.
Our company is 3 years old, we have over 700,000 users worldwide, we are revenue generating and will continue to expand globally in 2018. Users love our innovative approach to using data visualisation to help them make investing decisions.
Most importantly, we get to spend everyday doing something we love, it's a lot of fun 😊!
Before you apply:
You must have an extensive collection of personal or commercial projects that showcase your abilities. We do not consider university projects as being part of a portfolio and will disregard them. University degrees are not necessary, we love self-taught developers.
Take some time to explore our product, if you get invited to an interview we expect you to know it inside out. We love constructive criticism and are always open to unique perspectives or being impressed by new ideas.
We use PHP7, whilst PHP experience isn't a pre-requisite we are open to someone who would be able to pick it up quickly based of other back-end experience.
Technically we are looking for:
- Self-motivated and capable of working autonomously
- Strong written/verbal communication within a small team
- Excellent problem solving abilities
- Focus on writing simple decoupled code anyone can understand
- Demonstrable knowledge and/or example projects of Object Orientated Design
- Experience using advanced concepts like Inversion of Control, Dependency Injection, and Service locators
- Designed and implemented micro-services
- Built and deployed container based services (rkt, docker, rancher, k8s)
- Familiar with Symfony, Doctrine ORM, PHP League and requiring packagist/composer components
- Good knowledge of relational based databases (Bonus if MSSQL)
- Ability to effectively use Linux based development and production environments
- Strong experience designing, implementing and consuming REST based API resources
- Understanding of distributed systems architecture
- Eager to work directly on scaling a rapid growth global platform
- A competitive salary and equity package;
- Become critical member of the core team going forward;
- Be included in all decision making and will be making a difference to the business from day one;
- Have a direct feedback loop with the product (we push code multiple times a day);
- Learn to invest and become a fundamental analysis machine.
How to apply
Please only apply using this method, do not email, and no recruiters:
Send an OPTIONS request to https://simplywall.st/careers
Don't forget a link to your github or similar (we ❤ side projects)